The Mary Foundation consists of a board of directors, a secretariat and a governing body, and we collaborate with a number of relevant partners.
Board of Directors
The Mary Foundation is managed by a board of directors with HRH Crown Princess Mary as the chairman. All board members work voluntarily.
The Mary Foundation’s secretariat consists of the following employees.
The Mary Foundation’s administration costs are covered by The Hempel Foundation, which also provides office space. Thanks to The Hempel Foundation the return from The Mary Foundation’s capital stock therefore goes toward combating social isolation in full.
The Mary Foundation is advised and guided by a governing body consisting of the Foundation’s co-founders and leading financial partners. Individuals cannot apply for membership and HRH The Crown Princess manages the task as president.
The governing body consists of:
- Anne-Marie Skov, chairman, The Tuborg Foundation
- Merete Eldrup, chairman, The Egmont Foundation
- Lars Nørby Johansen, chairman, The William Demant Foundation
- Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen, chairman, Ole Kirk’s Foundation
- Rie Odsbjerg Werner, CEO, TrygFonden
- Gustav Mellentin, chairman, The Obel Family Foundation
- Natalie Shipton, vice chairman, Oak Foundation
- Else Marie Muderspach Remmen, chairman, The Remmen Foundation
- Richard Sand, chairman, The Hempel Foundation
- Lars Suhr Olsen, director, Østifterne
All members work voluntarily.
Panels of Experts
At the Mary Foundation, we identify, manage, and develop our projects in collaboration with leading experts in each specific area. The overview below highlights our experts – individuals who inspire and advise us in our work.
Panel of experts affiliated to Bullying and Well-being
- Professor Jan Kampmann, Roskilde University Centre
- M.A. (Law), PhD Helle Rabøl Hansen, Danish School of Education (DPU), Aarhus University
- Professor Dorte Marie Søndergaard, Danish School of Education (DPU), Aarhus University
- Professor Donna Cross, Winthrop Professor with the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences at the University of Western Australia and the Australian Telethon Kids Institute.
- Director of the Center for Youth Studies (CUR), PhD Søren Østergaard
- Assistant professor, PhD fellow Jette Kofoed, Danish School of Education (DPU), Aarhus University
- Associate professor Grethe Kragh-Müller, Danish School of Education (DPU), Aarhus University
Panel of experts especially affiliated to BookFun
- Professor Dorthe Bleses, TrygFonden’s Centre for Child Research
- Professor Emeritus Stig Broström
Panel of experts affiliated to Domestic Violence
- Teacher Marie Møller Christensen, Kvindehjemmet (Women’s Home)
- Director Helle Øbo, Askovgården, Dialogue against Violence
- Senior researcher Mai Heide Ottosen, VIVE, The Danish Center for Social Science and Research
- Head/Director Mette Skovgaard Væver, Center for Early Intervention and Family Studies, University of Copenhagen
- Head/Director Stine Høegh, Health & Social Services, Department of Health & Social Services, Rødovre Kommune (Municipality)
- PhD, Chief Physician Trine Rønde Kristensen, Centre for persons subjected to violence, Frederiksberg Hospital
Panel of experts affiliated to Loneliness
- PhD, loneliness researcher Mathias Lasgaard, DEFACTUM, Region Midtjylland
- PhD, professor Rikke Lund, Department of Public Health, University of Copenhagen
- PhD, director Christine E. Swane, The EGV Foundation (Social Inclusion of Older Adults)
- Deputy Director Lise Stidsen Vandahl, Social Services Administration, City of Copenhagen
- Professor, Centre Director and Head of Research Noemi Katznelson, Department of Culture and Learning
- Director Rillo Rud, Ventilen Denmark